Animal Welfare Auditor – Remote
FACTA is a nationally recognized leader in designing cutting-edge and pragmatic Animal Welfare (”AW”) training, verification, and certification tools. The FACTA team provides animal welfare audits, on-farm training and top-notch, bilingual online technical training and certification programs. The ultimate take away from our services is a wealth of critical information made available to management, animal caretakers, and consumers. Our online data management allows its users to access up-to-date audit monitoring and information. We take great pride in our post-audit processes and information dissemination. As a result, our producers and food processors receive the information needed to develop long-term solutions to protect their operations and reduce short and long-term risk.
FACTA has an immediate opening for an Animal Welfare Auditor. The primary responsibilities of this position are to conduct animal handling/welfare audits and food safety related audits on farm and at slaughtering facilities for beef, pork, poultry and other species within the USA.
• Conduct 2nd and/or 3rd party audits at assigned facilities, assuring consistency and accuracy in all audits and audit reports.
• Maintain confidentiality about all aspects of work and adhere to all procedures established by FACTA and its auditing clients.
• Follow and adhere to all required protocols and procedures, including understanding and application of relevant regulations, scheduling audits and associated travel, meeting required timelines for audit reports and controlling expenses.
• Maintain applicable auditor credentials, such as PAACO certification, and other relevant professional credentials required for audit proficiency and application.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University and 0 to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Education relevant to animal production and welfare is preferred.
• Animal welfare or animal husbandry exposure required. Experience in multiple species is a plus.
• PAACO certified auditor is preferred (Meat, Poultry, Swine)
• Transport Quality Assurance (TQA) Instructor Certification
• Pork Quality Assurance 3.0 certified and/or certified Advisor
• BRC & SQF certified or willing to obtain, a plus but not required
• Working knowledge of livestock handling tools.
• Able to work independently and complete tasks in a timely manner without direct oversight.
• Computer proficiency.
• Communication with management, producers, USDA and others as needed
Travel frequency fluctuates throughout the year and can range from 60-80% of the work week, including overnight stays. Audits are located across the US. Auditors are field-based, working from home.
• Questions can be emailed to Rob Gordon – email@example.com
Frost, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
We strongly believe in taking care of our professionals and staff members.
- At Frost, we take pride in our competitive pay. Compensation is reviewed annually, along with performance evaluations.
Work Life Balance
- Our PTO plan is designed to provide you with a paid time off benefit that can be used for any reason, such as vacation, sick time, personal time, or observance of religious holidays.
- Accrual begins upon first day of hire.
- 401 (k) plan. Employees are eligible to participate following completion of one year of service. The Firm, after year end, will make a discretionary contribution to all eligible participants employed on December 31st.
Mentoring & Coaching Programs
- Our assumption is that you’re not simply looking for a job but, instead, a rewarding and fulfilling professional career. If you agree, you should put us at the top of your list.
Health, Dental, Vision & Life
- Coverage for medical, vision and dental begins on the first day of the month following hire date.
- Employees may participate in flexible spending or a health saving account.
- Life Insurance & LTD is 100% paid by the Firm for all employees.
Bonus & Reward Programs
- Marketing plan allows the Firm to reward employees for extraordinary performance in bringing in new clients to the Firm.
- Employee referral plan allows employees to receive a bonus for qualifying positions filled by those candidates they have referred.
- CPA Exam bonus is paid to those employees who successfully pass the exam within three years of their hire date.
Hours & contact
425 W. Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72201