tax manager / Senior Associate – cannabis
Frost, PLLC is a full-service accounting firm currently providing tax, assurance, small business, advisory, animal welfare, business valuation, and litigation services in 47 states. Frost services a range of clients, from individuals to billion-dollar organizations. We have offices in Little Rock, AR; Fayetteville, AR; Scottsdale, AZ; Yuma, AZ; and Raleigh, NC. Our satellite offices are located in Denver, CO; Naples, FL; and LaBelle, FL.
Frost has an immediate opening for Tax Manager / Senior Associate within our Cannabis and Emerging Industries Group. This is a full time position and will be benefits eligible.
About the position:
- Opportunity to work in fast-growing and dynamic industries, with a current focus on the cannabis (marijuana, both medical and adult-use, hemp and hemp derivatives) and cannabis-technology industries
- Opportunity to participate in complex investment, corporate structuring and transactional business activities and address the impacts on tax decisions and reporting
- Opportunity to learn and consider strategic decisions that are impacted by a set of diverse and ever changing regulations (both on federal and various state levels) and tax court rulings
- Opportunity to work with cannabis dispensaries, cultivators, processors, vertical operators consisting of individual and multi-state operators (MSOs)
- Potential to advance with rapidly-growing industry practice team
- Potential for occasional travel if desired, but not necessary
- Reports directly to Cannabis and Emerging Industries group partner
Our ideal candidate:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required
- CPA or CPA candidate required
- 2-5 years in tax senior or manager position required
- Self-starter and ability to manage multiple projects, staff and clients
- Detail-oriented, technical tax experience preferred with interest in continued learning and skills advancement
- Ability to utilize knowledge and skills to participate in corporate strategic and tax planning
- Tax reporting experience with Partnerships, C-Corps., S-Corps. and joint ventures
- Experience with CCH Suite of Applications
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
This position can be based in Denver, CO; Scottsdale, AZ; Raleigh, NC; or Little Rock, AR (Firm Headquarters).
On-site or hybrid location preferred, remote strongly considered.
- Questions can be emailed to Rob Gordon – firstname.lastname@example.org
Frost, PLLC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity in the workplace.
We strongly believe in taking care of our professionals and staff members.
- At Frost, we take pride in our competitive pay. Compensation is reviewed annually, along with performance evaluations.
Work Life Balance
- Our PTO plan is designed to provide you with a paid time off benefit that can be used for any reason, such as vacation, sick time, personal time, or observance of religious holidays.
- Accrual begins upon first day of hire.
- 401 (k) plan. Employees are eligible to participate following completion of one year of service. The Firm, after year end, will make a discretionary contribution to all eligible participants employed on December 31st.
Mentoring & Coaching Programs
- Our assumption is that you’re not simply looking for a job but, instead, a rewarding and fulfilling professional career. If you agree, you should put us at the top of your list.
Health, Dental, Vision & Life
- Coverage for medical, vision and dental begins on the first day of the month following hire date.
- Employees may participate in flexible spending or a health saving account.
- Life Insurance & LTD is 100% paid by the Firm for all employees.
Bonus & Reward Programs
- Marketing plan allows the Firm to reward employees for extraordinary performance in bringing in new clients to the Firm.
- Employee referral plan allows employees to receive a bonus for qualifying positions filled by those candidates they have referred.
- CPA Exam bonus is paid to those employees who successfully pass the exam within three years of their hire date.
Hours & contact
425 W. Capitol Ave.
Little Rock, AR 72201